1. CAN 84-1 Gururaj. This might be the first time when some of you gather at a Satsang. A Satsang means an association of people for the purpose of discovering truth and when you saw me greeting this way, it means, that with thought, word and deed I salute the Divinity within you because everyone is potentially and actually Divine. What man has to do in order to get rid of his sufferings is to find that Divinity within and it is through meditation and spiritual practices that one finds this Divinity and finding Divinity means something very simple but people regard it to be so far and yet it is much more closer than your own very breath. What man needs to today is to find that integration between mind, body and spirit. People suffer and have miseries because they live a fragmented life. Now if they could live in this integration, life could be nothing else but joy. On this Course every word that I will be speaking to you would be of total personal experience. I don’t speak from books, I do not prepare talks, so the normal pattern is this that you ask any question you like and I’ll start talking on it. Gururaj. The lull before the storm. Mind you we do need the lulls and the storms or else this world will never function. They have really lit me up, haven’t they? The answers are based on the level of the question and the more deeper you go the deeper would the answer be. Good. Questioner. I would like to know what is God. Gururaj. You’d like to know what is God. I see Him in front of me, you. Everyone is Divine and what man observes is just the manifestation of the Manifestor. Because man functions only with his five senses and the five senses are very limited because normally we use a very small fraction of our minds. The fraction is so small that Einstein was regarded to be a genius only used eight percent of his mind. Good. Now the mind would have three levels, the conscious level that makes you think and the subconscious level which contains all your past impressions and then you have the superconscious level of the mind, which is the universal mind and every person has the ability through spiritual practices to reach the universal mind or the superconscious level of the mind. Now what is the superconscious level of the mind? There is only one mind but we because of our past experiences, actions, deeds, good or bad have compartmentalised ourselves and which made us believe that we are individual. It is like you take a plastic bag of water and you put it in the middle of the river. Good. Now the water in the bag is just the same water that’s in the river. But the sheath give it the individuality and then as more and more experiences are gained, you add more and more sheaths to this bag until the water in the bag is not seen and you forget your true nature which is Divine, because functioning with the five senses you do not see that inner self of you. Because
2. CAN 84-1 do the Scriptures not say and I would repeat this a million times over and over again, ‘Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven within and all else shall be added unto thee’. So what is that Kingdom of Heaven within? That Kingdom of Heaven within is that Divine indefinable energy. I can talk to you about God, I can show you the path towards God and the reason I can show you is because I have travelled that path and known God and have become one with Him. But you cannot explain it. The reason why you can’t explain it because explanation is normally from the conscious level of the mind where the left hemisphere of your brain is functioning and that left hemisphere of the brain is mostly analytical. Now how can you analyse with a finite mind that which is infinite? For Divinity or God is normally expressed as He, but really speaking it neither, I call it IT. It’s neither He nor a She. It is a very fine energy. Now this, the knowledge of Divinity can only come about experientially. Fine. But to get that experience a lot of preparation is required and how does one prepare is to meditate, search within, spiritual practices, self analysis, weighing pros and cons of how we live our lives, moral values, the do’s and don’ts to a great extent. Fine. And then you reach the pure stage where you as the pure one then merge away into purity which we call God. So any person in this lifetime can have that experience if they are diligent enough. If they are not, then naturally they would go on through all the sufferings which life holds for them. Really speaking as I have said before in some talk somewhere round the world, that there should be no suffering and you will have no suffering at all if you make your life an offering. What do you offer yourself to? You offer yourself to service of mankind for that is the truest reflection of God on this earth in its present stage of evolution. So by the service man you would be serving God. So therefore there is no differentiation and you can see the Divinity in others if you first see the Divinity in yourself. The analogy I like to use always is, I could explain you the texture of honey, I could send it to a laboratory and have the chemical analysis etc etc but you still know nothing about honey. Your knowledge of honey will be peripheral . But when you taste the honey then only would you know the sweetness of honey. Now what’s the sense of having a jar of honey on your shelf if you do not partake of it or eat it or taste it and see how beautiful and sweet it is and that very honey, that very Divine energy that is there, sweetens your life. In that integration you will find harmony. And what are you harmonising yourself with. You’re harmonising your exterior self with your inner self so that you function in totality, the body and the mind and that spiritual force within functions in totality . Now I have been in younger days trampling round all the Himalayas, going to various caves and ashrams and meeting various Gurus. I learned a bit from everyone until I found my own Guru, Swami Pavitranandaji. You might have the photos in your pocket - we will show it later. Fine.
3. CAN 84-1 So with the guidance of a true Master - you get a whole lot of bogus so called Gurus because no man should ever speak of Divinity if he has not experienced Divinity himself. He has no right to do that. Take for example University Professors, they have studied every philosophy in the world to become a Professor yet they are more muddled than all of you sitting here. So that mental analysis, gaining knowledge is not enough what man has to gain is through the path of knowledge analysis and enquiry you gain wisdom. There is a great difference between knowledge and wisdom. Knowledge is a mental acquisition, while wisdom is not only knowledge but also experience combined. So man’s quest, why does he want to find God, why, because he wants to feel happy and all the theologies of the world has taught this that it is only through Divinity that you could and achieve that peace. Therefore we find our theologies say ‘Man know thyself’. No religion says ‘Man know God’ because you cannot know Him. Know thyself and automatically you will know Divinity, then you could truly use the words of our Lord Jesus that ‘I and my Father are one’. So here is the process you proceed from duality, I and Thou concept and then you reach a qualified non-dualism and then you reach non-dualism in its entirety. Fine. Duality - J esus used to preach duality to the peasants that could not understand him too well. He used to say ‘Pray to Thy Father in Heaven’. Very good that in other theologies its called Bhakti Yoga, the path of devotion. You got to have an object of devotion. And then Jesus goes on to say to people that would understand him better,he would say that Divinity is like a tree the trunk and you are the branches and the leaves. That is qualified non-dualism and then you reach proper non-dualism or monism, which would make you realise that I and He are but one. Now I am very fond of making revolutionary statements - God never created this world. Creation requires a will and will stems from the mind. If it stems from the mind then there would be limitations. But yet everything around is so complete if you can only but see it. So I’d rather say that the universe is a manifestation of the Manifestor. Now as fire and wood give off heat or the flower would give of fragrance, so it its nature. It is the nature of fire to give off heat otherwise it would not be fire. It is the nature of a flower to give off fragrance or else it would not be a flower. In a similar way the nature for want of a better word, the nature of Divinity is to manifest. So, this manifestation we see around us is a superimposition upon that Divine energy itself. And it is because of the superimposition and the molecular and atomic structures of the emanation or manifestation that this universe has been formed. And the variety has come about when different kinds of molecules combined with each other and created a different product and that is how this world starting evolving. You take water, H20 right, and they are totally opposing substances - add hydrogen and oxygen opposing substances but the combination made it into a third substance which is water. You see?
4. CAN 84-1 Likewise, this has been happening all the time. So since the Big Bang theory you might have read about it, this vast explosion when it shot off all those millions and billions of atoms, billions and billions and billions of atoms, they started multiplicating itself, duplicating, replicating mixing with other molecular structures and that is why we find all the different elements in the world. Now the basic five elements that composes the universe is fire, water, air, ether and earth. Those are the five basic elements that composes this universe and we see differences not in its original substance but we see differences because name and form, name and form only. That is why we see differences. That is why we differentiate between one thing and the other. So when the questioner asked tell me about God, I said there you are sitting there, because I do not look at your face, I do not look at your mind, I look at your inner spirit and that is Divinity. And when man learns to look at the inner spirit of others then only will he know the true meaning of love. For God is love and love is Go d and there too love is an indefinable quality. Two sparks just ignite together. There is no accident I was telling someone this morning, everything is a plan a Divine plan. Now what is the Divine plan? Not that neutral energy I spoke about the Impersonal God but the Divine plan lies in the manifestation where things have to operate in a certain way. If you study the universe you will find that everything is so precise. There is no accident whatsoever. Like attracts like, one thing combines with another and it’s all there, all the time indestructible, nothing, nothing, nothing is ever destroyed. For if any even matter, if matter is destroyed, you will destroy God, which is impossible. So it is all the same, it is all one. The only thing that’s required is the realisation that I am Divine and so is everything around me Divine. And when one feels and experiences the Divinity within, then you would find total peace, joy, bliss, no sadness, no sorrows, you’d find that. Now because of the structure of manifestation that caused the mind and that at the highest level of the mind which I mentioned before, the superconscious level of the mind, there lies the first formation of how this universe began. And what did the mind do? What was the mind at that level of its total purity? It was sound. ‘First was the word and the word was with God and the word is God’. So the manifestation one has to reach the highest level and that reaching that level would mean that you have reached Christ consciousness or Buddha consciousness or Krishna consciousness. These are all labels. There is just one consciousness. There is no separation. There can only be one consciousness. So to know God and to experience God - many things I will repeat over just to drive the point home – right – one - through spiritual and meditational practices which is based upon your inner vibrations and you are nothing else but vibrations. And anything that you can touch, see, smell, this chair, this table, all of you are nothing else but congealed vibrations.
5. CAN 84-1 So if you are boiled down, mind, body and spirit you will only hear a sound, the primal sound, the word. Now when a true Spiritual Master gives you practices, he goes into meditation on you and reaches that level of superconsciousness and see your state of evolution, your emotional state, your physical state and accordingly he will prescribe the practices that is needed by you. It is no sense having a shelf of full of medicine bottles and trying one after the other, it could cause you great harm, it could kill you but if you have a qualified Physician to say look use that bottle of medicine that will help you then the path becomes easier and smoother. That is how - this is for the new people here - this is how we work. Everyone is treated on totally individual basis. And the purpose is this, we want happiness, that’s all we want and that total bliss and happiness is nothing else but Divinity. You come from Divinity and you have to go back home. Why spend millions of lifetimes suffering when there is a direct path from the conscious mind through the subconscious and right to the superconscious level which is the highest level of relativity and then very spontaneously and automatically you enter the area of Divinity and you live it. I don’t believe in God, I don’t. I do not believe in God, I live God and that’s what we want in this world, living God’s. Not conceptual Gods. If you study the various Theologies you will find one religion will say that God’s got four arms, another one will say that he is sitting up on a throne up there somewhere and with a couple of thousand bookkeepers writing down what Girrish has done and what you have done and what he has done and keeping a record. No such thing. That’s a different subject. We will go into it during the Course on how Karma works and how it functions. So that is the reality of life. People look for reality which they will find but underlying reality there is something which is called actuality. You go and see a magician show and you find the magician doing wonderful tricks on the stage, cutting, sawing a woman in half and then you will find him disappearing elephants and motor cars and to you it seems real. Yeah. But in your mind you say to yourself, this is a trick. Right. That’s the difference between seeing the reality of life and yet having in mind, yet bein g conscious that this is not actuality. So what we do is proceed from our conceptions of Divinity to actual experience of Divinity and then we can say ‘Well lived this life, well lived’. Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing will bother you then when you reach a little higher stage. The whole mountain round you might crumble down and you will not bat an eyelid. Now what do we do, oh Auntie Jane said a nasty word last week, so you keep on mulling over it all the time creating unhappiness for yourself. And in most probability Auntie Jane might have forgotten what she had said. Do you see? How we magnify things because we do not, we only use a very small portion of the mind, but if we can use the totality of the mind then we will see life in a totally different perspective.
6. CAN 84-1 Now I can go much deeper - I spoke for about an hour I think. Our motto in America , American Meditation Society is the three L’s, Life, Love and Laughter. See if we can’t have a couple of jokes? You know in Ireland this man went to a restaurant and he ordered Asparagus. Sso the waiter says. We don’t sell sparrows but how did you know my name was Gus. (Laughter) Then this other fellow was a confirmed Atheist, you know he says ‘I am an Atheist, thank God’. (Laughter) Now in this village this church and the church had two clocks. So a passerby passes there and he sees a different time on each of the clocks. So he asks the person in charge, he says ‘Look you’ve got two clocks there and both of them are showing different times’. So the fellow replies ‘If they showed the right time, we would not need two clocks’. (Laughter) If they showed the same time, why have two clocks? (Laughter) Now you’ve heard of this Atlas something, Charles Atlas, you know the body building where you write in for a Course. So this one fellow writes in to Charles Atlas for the Course. So duly he got the Course and after a while, three months, six months later he wrote back to Charles Atlas, ‘Sir, I’ve done your Course, now you send me the muscles.’ (Laughter). Uno Momento. This chap was brought up before a Judge, so the Judge asks ‘Have you been up here before me?’ So he replies, ‘I don’t know what time you get up, Sir’. So the crowd there was howling with laughter, so the Judge says ’Order, order, order’ - so he bangs his gavel (is that what you call it) he bangs his gavel, ‘Order, order, order’. So this guy says ‘One pint of bitters’. (Laughter) Now this couple went for a picnic and they parked the car and they took a nice walk in the woods to have the picnic. So the wife remembered, she says to her husband, ‘Darling, did you put the keys away safely?’ and he replies ‘Yes, I’ve locked them in the boot’. (Laughter) You know this thermos was a wonderful thing this chap was thinking, he says ‘How come’- you know, thermos flask, is that what you call it flask, yeah, thermos. He says ’This is really wonderful when I put hot tea in there, it keeps it ho t and when I put in cold orange juice, it keeps it cold’. ‘Now how does this thermos know how to do that?’ (Laughter)
7. CAN 84-1 Gururaj. Well goodnight. See you tomorrow morning. Have a pleasant evening and we’ll have a lot of fun on the Course, especially when we do some of our Practices and things. It will be a lot of fun. (Gururaj has a drink of water) Victoria H20 is nice. Is it - because what we do on every Course, we have one session where we, we call it a Rapid Fire question and answer session where anyone can ask any question they like, even how to bake a cake or whatever you want to. Okay. So we will leave it for that. Good. END
- 389 Total Views
- 317 Website Views
- 72 Embedded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 9 www.ifsu.online
- 5 188.8.131.52