1. US 84- 47 MIND'S CONCEPT OF GOD VIDYA: All right. GURURAJ: What's right? VIDYA: We had a bad tape. Umm, could you come closer to the mike, Jamie. JAMIE: Yes. I'll kiss your chest. GURURAJ: Questions. JAMIE: You have said man's mind controls God. God does not control man's mind. Could you tell us more about this. VIDYA: Why did I say that? PRIYA: Next question. GURURAJ: God never controls man's mind because that which you regard to be God is a neutral bio chemic energy. It could be definable in scientific terms, but at its subtlest level it is indefinable. So God never controls man's mind. You control God. How do you do this? How do you control God? It is by your own perceptions of what you regard to be God. Now, through various theologies in the world you would find someone in some religion saying God has six arms, holding a lotus there and a bell there and a something else in the other one and what have you. Hmm? Other religions picture him differently. So, by your own conception you are conceptualizing God according to your own belief pattern. You are controlling your conceptions and conceptualizations. God is not. So whatever belief pattern your mind is fettered into, that belief pattern would be your personal reality. Now, how real is your personal reality? You would believe, you know, Vishnu with six arms. You might believe someone hanging on the cross. You might believe someone sitting on a throne somewhere up there with a long beard and a dozen bookkeepers. "Ahh, Laura, you did this today. Doris, you did that today." And then St. Peter of course up there would be admitting you at the gates.
2. US 84- 47 So what happened once, that this man died and he reached up there at St. Peter's gate. So St. Peter in this computer age they also use computers up there, by the way took out his computer. Jamie will know more about this. He's a computer consultant. So he tapped out this man's name and blah, blah, blah. He said, "Look, I just can't find your name here. You're not supposed to be here!" So then of course they got St. Peter's superior to come down. "Look, check this job for us." So, this guy went through the computer and said, "Look we found your name, but you are not supposed to be here for the next three years. But nevertheless, tell me what is the name of your doctor." So your mind is working and functioning as a computer all the time. Your total metabolic rate, your breathing rate, and everything that is happening to you is computerized by a mechanism. So do you belong to yourself or do you belong to the computer? That's the difference. The difference lies between the differentiation between what you are and what you are not. And when you discover what you are not, you find yourself totally knotted up. And these knots that you are involved in cause all the problems of your life. So we, in this process of meditation and spiritual practices, we are only trying to unknot the knots. Have no knot and be not. For when you believe yourself to be you are not because the very belief system in your mind is causing the knots! So when you are not there without the knots K N O T S then where are you? You are somewhere far beyond your belief system. The more you believe in your belief system, the more knotted you are up because your belief system becomes dogmatic. Your belief system governs your life. And why should your life be governed? Why should it be governed, hmm? Everything around you, your entire environment, is governed, and you cease to exist. You have to pay these taxes. You have to pay road bills. You have to pay car licenses. You have to pay this, this, this, this and whatever. What independence do you have? No independence. You are totally dependent upon convention. Now, living in this world, we have to follow these conventions for the stability of society. But try something else. Be unconventional within yourself. To be unconventional within yourself you are obeying the laws that are within yourself, the law which is you and yet not governed by you. That gives you the sense of independence. That gives you freedom. Now freedom is a word very much allied to kingdom. The king is free and he has kingdom. You are the king and you have freedom from certain processes of dogmatism. You are free from it. When you are free from all these dogmaticisms, you will find that you live, not just exist. When you start living, you will automatically and very spontaneously develop a feeling of life. Life is to be felt. When you feel life, you will feel that dynamism. You become dynamic and you can say, "I am Joe. I am Jack. I am Jean. I am Gina. I am Laura. I am Bob. I am this one and that. I am me! I am an independent being, and no power or force in this world is going to rob me of my independence!" The only thing that robs you of your independence is your fear, the fear of losing dependence. You fear to lose dependence because you are always reliant on others and those that are around you. You're dependent upon your wife, your husband, your children, your friends,
3. US 84- 47 whoever. And that very fear is a thing that gnaws at your heart. Fear is nothing else but that cancerous complex within you that gnaws you, that kills you from inside. Fear. Hmm? That is killing you. That is destroying your independence. Yet, when you could develop the attitude that I am free. I am totally free. I am me. I am Gina. I am Laura. I am Jack, John, Dad. When you develop that feeling, you will be free of fear. So what is ruling your life at this moment? Not freedom, but fear. Every moment you take a step forward you are fearing and fearing and fearing. "Oh, this will go wrong tomorrow. That will go wrong the next day. I come home and my wife will have a nasty face because, you know, she burnt my toast in the morning and I felt a bit angry, and I guess I'll have to face up to that." All kinds of things. Simple things. Simple things which contain no meaning at all! There is no meaning at all to any of your fear because they could be discarded and dispensed with in a moment. I love Gina. I love Jerry. I love Doris. I love this sweetie pie here. Huh? OK. But within me there will be a fear. Does Gina really love me or am I wasting my time? Or Jerry? Sweetie pie? Doris? Laura? So with the love that I have for them mixed in that love is the quality of fear which breeds anxiety to you because fear and anxiety are blood relations. But now if I should say to myself, I love Gina. I love Jerry. I know this beauty bums. I love Doris. I love her there and all of you. OK. I will say to myself that if I am loved or not loved, I do not care. For I love for the sake of loving and not for the reward thereof. And when I have that thought in my mind, in my heart, when I feel that, fear disappears. Hmm? Because I am loving for the sake of loving. I am not loving for the sake of reward. I am not doing business with you, Dad. There is no business. I am too busy in my love for you to involve myself in busy ness! Hmm? I am too busy giving the love without expecting any reward whatsoever. That is loving and when you know the secret of that loving, then you are living and not just merely existing. In a recent lecture, I don't know where it was, somewhere in England or America. I don't know where. I go around the world all the time teaching, teaching, teaching. And this young man started off with a question that "I go through life..." I said, " Bullshit! You don't go through life. Life goes through you!" Do you see the difference in allowing life to go through you instead of you going through life. When you go through life, it is effortful. There is so much effort. But if you allow life to go through you, you are a channel. No effort required! There is no effort. Let life and the force of life flow through you and you become the flow of that which is life and that which is living and not just existing. I am telling you of the secret of joy. I am telling you of the secret of happiness that each and everyone is so entitled to. It is your birthright because if you did not have that birthright, you would never have the right to take birth. So let us get back to our original selves. Let us get back to control which you up to now have felt uncontrollable and that which is controlling you. What is controlling you is your conception of something beyond yourself which you do not understand at all, have not known at all, you say that something XY is controlling me. No. I don't allow XY to control me.
4. US 84- 47 I allow Gururaj to control me because Guruji knows himself, and by knowing himself in his totality, he knows the totality of the universe. He knows what the universe is composed of and he does not believe in a controller that controls his life. But he knows the forces that are there to regulate his life. All those atoms and molecules, protons and electrons. Look how they function in a totally precise way. So, why should I not also be enjoined and conjoined and at the same time enjoy the precision of the entirety of the universe? When I am connected through meditation and spiritual practices to find myself at one ment, atonement, at one ment with the precision of the universe, then I too can become precise and coordinate myself with that which has always been coordinated. I or you would find sufferings in life because you do not see the coordination. No. You only see the disorientation. Can anyone here tell me that he or she is totally sane? Because if you can truthfully tell me that, I'll fall at your feet. I'll kiss your feet. What shall we do with this disorientation? As psychologists like we have so many here that one, that one, Roopa is somewhere, I don't know. So many others, eh? Disorientation is insanity. Insanity can never be sanitation. [LAUGHTER] Let me help you, if I may, to help you pull the chain. [LAUGHTER] You see. We have to start somewhere. Hmm? And where do we start from? Now and here. Has any one got any problem here now? Let's give a demonstration. This is a two day intensive and we're going to do so, so many things. Has anyone got any problem here? Come. Yes. What's your problem? CHELA: Well... GURURAJ: Physical? Mental? CHELA: Mental. Mental. Mental. GURURAJ: Mental. Right. OK, fine. CHELA: Umm... GURURAJ: Don't go into details which you would not like others to hear. But you can say one sentence and I will understand the whole book. OK?
5. US 84- 47 CHELA: I make my husband crazy so he withdraws from me. GURURAJ: Right. Now you come here. CHELA: [Whispering] Guruji, I love you. GURURAJ: You love me? CHELA: [Still in a whisper] Yes, I do. I try. GURURAJ: Why? CHELA: Why do I love you? GURURAJ: Yes. Tell me why. CHELA: Because you help me. And I don't know why. I just do. I just feel it. GURURAJ: But then why do you drive your husband crazy? He is closer to you than me. CHELA: Right. GURURAJ: I see you once, twice a year perhaps. Now. Just...[LONG PAUSE] I ought to smack your backside first! You are driving your husband crazy because you are crazy. (Quietly) We'll stop in a moment. CHELA: Ok. [LONG PAUSE] GURURAJ: [Very softly] Nice. Do you feel much calmer now? Fifty, sixty, seventy, eighty, ninety, hundred percent? Two hundred percent?
6. US 84- 47 CHELA: [Softly] A hundred percent better. GURURAJ: [Equally softly] A hundred percent. Do you see? My beloved. All right. You are feeling a hundred percent more calmer? Good. And use that calmness in daily life. Why does anyone drive anyone crazy? Hmm? Because we are crazy. I am crazy. Because I drive you crazy. Remember that always. If I am sane enough, then I will not drive anyone crazy. Do you see? I will become more tolerant in spite of the spouse or whoever, I will become more tolerant, more kind, more compassionate, more loving. And by being that it will send forth an emanation from yourself. Thought is a great power. Thought is never lost. It's immortal, eternal. You might forget it because of your memory not being complete. Hmm? You think you remember. You don’t. Can you tell me what's the date today? What is the date today? BALDEV: The eighth. GURURAJ: It's what? The eighth. The eighth of what? BALDEV: December. GURURAJ: Eighth of December. Saturday? Sunday? What's it today? BALDEV: Saturday. GURURAJ: Saturday. Can you tell me at one o'clock last Saturday what did you do? Neither of you can tell me that. Do you see how good your memory is? Thank God because that is the greatest gift given to man is to forget. The greatest gift bestowed upon us through whatever you want to call it, through the grace. Do you see. So we bring ourselves in misery by trying so hard to remember. When we try and remember, you must know, that so much effort is required to remember what Auntie Mary said at five past one last Saturday. Look at the effort involved. Look at the waste of energy. Forget Auntie Mary, damn it! Lots of other Auntie Marys around. Hmm? I can take a walk down this road and I'm sure I'll find half a dozen Marys that will invite me in for a cup of tea. That's for sure. I can prove it to you now. Just need to go there. "I'm feeling thirsty. Can you give me a cup of tea?" They look at my face and see the love bubbling. And no one can say no because no one is to know K N O W
7. US 84- 47 the other. You inspire that knowingness in the non ness of what you are. Only by infusing the knowingness in the non ness will you start realizing who you are, what you are, the purpose of your life, the purpose of your self. Then, God does not control you; you control God. And by God I mean this universal energy. It's all labels: Allah, Ishwara, Christos, Buddha, whatever label you want to put on. It's a neutral energy and you have it within yourselves to direct that neutral energy to your own personal, unselfish advantage to make yourself happy. Isn't that what you want? What is the end and aim of your life? Don't you want to become more happier? Don't you want to get all the is eries and the miseries and the... Hmm? What ever that troubles you. The is eries. Masterminded by the "M" making it misery. Is ery is to be oneself. But when you get masterminded by your MasterCard or whatever you call it here in this stupid country of yours... You get controlled by that master card, "M"! You add that M to the is ness or the is ery of yourself and convert it to misery. What do we need that for? We don't. I am to those that have been with me for so many years, eight years, nine years, ten years, whatever they have found me to be a reflection of total joy. And that is the joy I impart to you. Life, love, laughter. That is what you need. Take heed! Take heed of your true need. How many of you sitting here want a million dollars? Now, Vidya, bring my check book. Let's give them all a million dollars. How many put a hand for a million dollars? One, two, three, four, five, six. CHELA: I'll split it with you. [LAUGHTER AND COMMENTS] [End of side one.] GURURAJ: Is that really your need? We human beings... I don't know if we are really human beings. We're just beans B E A N S. If I write out checks now of course, I haven't got a checkbook and neither a pen [LAUGHTER] of a million dollars to each and every one here, do you know what is going to happen to you? You'll go mad in your head. [LAUGHTER] You'll go bloody crazy! [LAUGHTER] This one will think of a Cadillac, and that one will think of a Rolls Royce, and that one will think of beautiful antique. Hmm? Or whatever. So, the message is this: Do not try to need. Accept what is there for you. Accept life as it is because you have deserved that is ness that is there. No one has created it for you. No God has controlled it. You have created your wants, your needs, your sufferings, your miseries, your joys, your sorrows. You have created all this by the things that through your thoughts and actions have been impressed in the subconscious level of the mind. And the subconscious level of the mind has to express itself through the conscious thinking level of the mind, the left hemisphere. Hmm? And that in turn converts itself in your daily actions.
8. US 84- 47 And how much are you aware of your actions? How much are you aware? Can anybody truthfully and honestly tell me when they got out of bed this morning, which foot got on the floor first, the left or the right? Or did you fall on your bums? That is as far as your awareness goes. So, how much aware are you? Your birthright is awareness, not weariness. You're wearing yourself down instead of becoming aware. Look at the direction: aware and where? Hmm? No wonder they have so many weirdos here in this country. God, hour and a quarter. Let's have a couple of laughs. Let's see if I can find some. [DRINKS] Umm, this water really tasted like water. Have you ever drunk water and felt its intensity? The electrical quality of water? And we say we are aware! Forget it. Don't bluff me! You know, Mullah Nasrudin came into some money. And, one of his pals told him, "Look, go to the mannequin parade, the mannequin show." So he went there. Then when he came out, his friend asked him, "How did you like it?" He says, "It was a total swindle! They show you the women, and then they want to sell you the clothes!" Poor Nasrudin. You know, baby broom... Do you call it a broom here? You sweep clothes with it? Broom? Same. Right. A baby broom. So the baby broom was in the closet with mama broom. And the baby broom asked mama broom, "Where did I come from?" Hmm? So the mama broom hemmed and hawed and didn't know because of course the baby broom would not understand about the birds and bees like Dad and I would. Right. So finally mama broom had to give an answer because baby broom was very insistent and persistent. So, mama broom said, "You know, one night your father and I swept together." But then the father, Papa Broom, was passing by the closet and papa broom heard this and said, "Oh, that's nothing, son. I did it standing on my head." Let's see if I can find another one. Yes. So this fellow was invited... Well, let me be very frank with you. I was invited to have dinner in Tibet with the chief Lama. But I was told by one of his secretaries... Of course, here you call them henchmen, don't you? I was told, "Look, you do not sneeze in the Lama's presence!" We sat down at the dinner table and of course we had our dinner and I just could not help but sneeze. It just came. It must have been some of that Tibetan pepper. I don't know. Once I sneezed. So this guy nudges me, his personal secretary. "Hey, you should not have sneezed!" So I said, "Look, I sneezed in my language and he did not understand it!" Oh, then this drunk was trying to get to his car and a policeman came up and said, "Sir, you are in no state to drive your car." So he replies, "Look, I'm in no state to walk. So I better drive." OK. I can find another one. There are so many here. Ahh, let's tell this one. That's a nice one! John spoke to his father and John says, "I'm in love with Margery and I would like to marry her." So the father ohhed and ahhed and says, "Look, can't marry Margery because to tell you frankly, she is your half sister." Must have been a good old guy. So later he met this girl, Elizabeth, and he went to his father. "I want to marry Elizabeth." So after oohs and ahhs, the father says, "You
9. US 84- 47 know, Son, I'm sorry to tell you this, but she is your half sister." Right. Three courtships passed. Then one day mother was talking to John. His mother says, "look here, John, you are old enough. You should get married by now." Right. So... Oh, the father told John before hand, "Look, I'm telling you these things, but don't tell it to your mother." So then when John started talking to his mother, she says, "Oh, you could have married Margery, Elizabeth, Mary. You could have married any of them because you are no relation to your father." Now, you guys must be hungry now. What's the time? Hmm? It's about half past one now. Nearly. Is it? Somewhere there. Good. Do have lunch. And what time do we get together because there are a lot of things we want to do this afternoon? VIDYA: About an hour and a half. GURURAJ: Whatever. So, half past one. We get together at what? CHELA: Three. GURURAJ: Three. Three. Umm, half past one and an hour and a half is three. I have to count... **** END ****
- 341 Total Views
- 263 Website Views
- 78 Embedded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 5 188.8.131.52
- 1 www.ifsu.online